Diploma of completed university studies at Master’s level in physics, chemistry, engineering or natural sciences.
The degree should be relevant to the technical field in which you would like to work.
Generally, an excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French and German) and the ability to understand the other two.
Die folgenden Qualifikationen bewerten wir in der Bedeutung für unser Unternehmen wie folgt:
|Sehr gute Studienleistungen|
|Sehr gute Englischkenntnisse|
|Sehr gute MS-Office Kenntnisse|
|1 = sehr wichtig | 5 = unwichtig | k.A. = keine Angabe|
Einsatzmöglichkeiten in unserem Unternehmen
-Hold a technical bachelor's or a technical master's degree (or equivalent qualifications) at the date of application, preferably in one of the above mentioned technical fields.
-Indicate on your CV or motivation letter 3 to 5 CPC classes or sub-classes of your field of competence (See EspaceNet > http://worldwide.espacenet.com/?locale=en_EP)
-Have a very good knowledge of technical English.
-Knowledge of technical German and/or technical French is an advantage.
-Provide evidence of your own health insurance.
-Your degree should have been obtained no more than 2 years prior to the date of application or you should still be enrolled at a technical or science University.
The EPO strives to support innovation and promote a knowledge-based society in Europe:
• Patent protection enables inventors and companies to be rewarded for their innovation.
• The EPO has built up the world's largest databases of technical information, which it makes available to the public free of charge.
• It also offers a complete range of training on patenting and IP issues
The EPO's mission is to secure the highest quality standards in patenting:
• The European Patent Convention (EPC) provides the legal backbone for its patenting practice.
• The EPO offers a uniform application procedure leading to patent protection in up to 40 European countries.
• Processes at the EPO are fair, transparent and closely monitored for quality at all times.
As an employer, the EPO provides a distinctly multinational work environment in an intellectually stimulating atmosphere:
• We focus on building long-term relationships with our employees.
• We empower our staff to take responsibility and make the right decisions.
Based on this foundation of mutual trust and respect, we at the EPO are ready to meet the future challenges in European intellectual property.
The EPO is an equal opportunity employer providing our staff with the chance to build long-term stable careers. We offer one of the most comprehensive and family-friendly benefits packages in Europe.
Work of an examiner
Today, patent quality is more important than ever. So not every invention can qualify for a European patent. And the people who take that decision are the EPO's patent examiners.
Patent examiners work at the forefront of technology and deal every day with the latest and most challenging technical innovations.
Science and law
Their daily work combines scientific expertise with analytical research and an eye for the legal aspects of intellectual property.
The main tasks of an examiner are to search and examine patent applications received by the EPO. Patent applications are texts and drawings describing an invention and submitted by individuals or companies seeking legal protection.
• The purpose of the search is to find the most relevant previously published technical disclosures ("prior art") against which the patentability of the application can be assessed.
• Substantive examination enables the applicant (or authorised representative such as a patent attorney) to be informed of any objections to the grant of a patent, with a view to resolving these through correspondence and, where necessary, oral proceedings.
• Examiners may also be involved in opposition proceedings if the patent is contested.
• Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
• Full university degree in physics, chemistry, engineering or natural sciences.
• a good working knowledge of at least two of the official languages (English, French and German) and the willingness to learn the third
Kontakt und Hinweise für Bewerber
Ablauf des Auswahlverfahrens für Bewerber
Links zum Unternehmen
Website für Bewerber: http://www.epo.org/about-us/jobs/vacancies/internships/science-engineering.html