The Eurowings Group (EWG) Business Development Manager (BDM) supports – as integrated part of the Lufthansa Group (LHG) GP organization – the local LHG Airlines Sales organization across relevant departments and facilitates business development opportunities for Eurowings (EW), Brussels Airlines (SN) and Lufthansa Group (LHG). In this role, the Business Development Manager enables the Lufthansa Group sales organization to achieve the agreed targets for Eurowings and Brussels Airlines (EW and SN respectively).
1. The BDM acts as an integrated member of the local LHG GP organization. The responsibilities comprise of:
- Act as an integrated member of the GP organization under the lead of the local LHG GP.
- Support the GP organization across all relevant departments (GG, GP/D, GP/C, FIN and ADM) in order to enable the LHG team to achieve all agreed EW/SN targets.
- Facilitate business development for EWG within the GP organization.
- Liaise with EW/SN HQ departments to enable the LHG team to implement Sales, B2B/B2C Marketing & Revenue Management actions in due time
- Participate in the efforts to reach the agreed KPIs in the assigned markets
- Manage the assigned sales segments and accounts.
2. The BDM is primarily responsible for delivering support to the local LHG sales organization and for coordinating with EWG headquarters when needed. The BDM is also accountable for EW and SN related tasks that are not part of the Commercial Partnership Agreement between LHG & EW/SN. These responsibilities and tasks comprise, but are not limited to, of:
a) Exclusive EW & SN responsibilities & tasks:
- Support the LHG sales promotion teams in implementing the EW and SN promotion strategy.
- Identify additional sales opportunities by leveraging the specific network of EW & SN and feed EW & SN leads into existing commercial processes of GP organization (SN corporate & agent; EW corporate).
- Drive and follow the EW commercial decision process as an integrated LHG staff function to support the revenue generation of the assigned EW-only customers.
- Drive and follow the commercial decision process as an integrated LHG staff function to support the revenue generation of the assigned SN specific LHG customers. This includes all possible sales processes performed by LHG team.
- Assume Account Management & B2B Sales Promotion responsibility for EWG-only customers – i.e. tour operators, VFR agents, institutions, political organizations, business associations etc. and execute all relevant tasks accordingly and promote the SN & EW brands externally, in coordination with the GP organization.
- Promote the SN & EW brands internally within the LHG organization. Act as “Brand Ambassador” of EW & SN in internal and external meetings and communication, including press events, in close coordination with the GP organization.
- Be the local Product and Network champion, expert and immediate source of knowledge about any aspects of EW & SN.
b) EW & SN administrative responsibilities and legal representation:
- Hold Power of Attorney and assigned duties where applicable and where not being assigned to LHG GP.
- Serve as single interface towards the EWG HQ units when it comes to administrative and legal issues.
- Ensure that EW/SN complies with all local rules and regulations, in cooperation with LHG CA/L.
- Control of cost and approval of the financial and legal commitments, for outside assigned activities, made by LHG on behalf EWG in the respective market.
c) Account Management and Sales Promotion for SN/EW as well as LHG:
- Assume Account Management responsibility for LHG corporate and agent accounts whose business is predominantly related to but not exclusively limited to SN (corporate and agent) and/or EW (corporate).
- Identify additional LHG sales opportunities by leveraging the specific network of EW & SN and feed LHG relevant leads into existing commercial processes of GP organization.
- Support the LHG GP organization in joint Sales promoting activities for LHG corporate (for SN & EW) and agent (for SN) customers.
- Master Degree (e.g. Commercial Engineer)
- Min 3 year in a sales function
- Experience in the travel industry or airline industry is a plus
- MS Office standard suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access)
- Analytical skills
- Commercial minded
- Project management
- Excellent b.air product knowledge and the local market
- Driving license
- Overall understanding of the booking-ticketing-settlement process of air documents and also the tariff.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Confident manner and well-groomed appearance
- Strong analytical / conceptual mind-set
- Proactive attitude
- Organisational skills
- Team player
- Readiness to work irregular hours
- Excellent ability to deal with pressure