Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Provides technical leadership and support in the planning, implementation, of the Gas Turbine activities (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) within the FAA Repair Station.
Provides effective support for engine repair solutions, resolution of engine performance issues, development of best processes, lean procedures, and cost containment; this position requires the application of complex skills including a solid knowledge of engineering principles, related theories, and industry practices.
Requires good written, verbal & interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical skills.
Reviews process activities for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems including preparation of interim and final reports.
Accountable for planning function to include the issuance of job cards.
- Degree in Science or Engineering with three to five years’ experience in Aerospace preferred.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine engines.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to gas turbine repairs
- Familiar with FAA Certification issues, i.e. airworthiness directives, service bulletins and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.
*CV / Resume required.
*Company may provide relocation ass