Assignment period:08/01/2019 - 07/31/2021
Type of employment:full-time
As partnering provinces (from two out of three provinces), the project Assistance in Preventing and Combating Corruption (APCC) has chosen the Papua and West Papua Provinces, which have very large forest resources (around 35 Mio hectares) with forest degradation and deforestation of 170,000 hectares/year. The APCC project cooperates with the Indonesia Forum for Budget Transparency (FITRA), an organization engaged in the field of social control for transparency and accountability of state planning and budgeting processes. FITRA encourages community involvement in the process of drafting up to budget accountability. The issue of transparency and accountability of the natural resource budget is one of the priorities of FITRA's research and advocacy agenda.
- Enhancing the perspective of FITRA on Papua and West Papua context
- Providing methodological and technical advice in the implementation and use of the governance structures and dialogue areas of local government and administration processes
- Developing tools for participatory action research on local budget transparency and public participation
- Increasing capacity on forestry governance
- Strengthening the capacities in anti-corruption area
- Conducting research for organizational development
- Developing Monitoring and Evaluation strategy and tools
- Experience and excellent knowledge in doing economic research to improve a good forest governance
- Several years of working experience
- Understanding the operation on gender budget
- Demonstrated dynamic and inter-personal communications capability, capacity to work within a team, ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines to produce high quality work in short time frames
- Fluent in English
- Speaking Bahasa Indonesia and having several years working experience in Indonesia are an advantage
- Place of residence: Jakarta
- Climate: Indonesia has a tropical climate
- Healthcare: Medical care with international standard is available
- Accessibility: International airport in Jakarta
- School situation and school fees: International school is available
- Other: At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Development workers contribute their professional expertise to non-governmental and state organisations in partner countries. They train, advise and design projects jointly with the partner organisations. Development workers do not receive a customary salary, but can instead claim a living allowance, as well as family, health and insurance benefits. Your assignment will begin with several intensive weeks of preparation (including for your family) in Germany and in your partner country. When you finish your assignment in your partner country, you will receive support in reintegrating into working life and society in your country of origin.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).