Einsatzzeitraum:17.12.2018 - 17.06.2019
Art der Anstellung:Vollzeit
Sport for Development is an overarching theme in German development cooperation (DC) with links to various development policy objectives of the German Government. By promoting socio-political stability and social integration, sport can make a significant contribution to achieving sustainable development objectives. Sports with the greatest potential are those that are widely played and require little in the way of expensive equipment. Football is especially valuable as a way of engaging and mobilising large numbers of young people and, in the process, gaining access to disadvantaged groups. Team sport also encourages mutual understanding and boosts social skills.
Based on this, the objective of the Sport for Development in Africa project is as follows: sport is used increasingly as a way of achieving development policy objectives in selected African countries (particularly Ethiopia, Kenya, Namibia, Togo and Mozambique).
The project focuses on three areas of activity:
- Provision of infrastructure for sporting activities
- Safeguarding the use of sports grounds for sports activities and support measures in the areas of health, education and violence prevention etc.
- Improving the skills and capacities of local stakeholders to implement sports activities and support measures in the areas of health, education and violence prevention etc.
The target groups are predominantly disadvantaged young people, with a particular focus on girls and young women. Implementation partners are first and foremost relevant local or international non-governmental organisations.
The purpose of the internship is to promote the acquisition of professional knowledge, skills and experience. You will receive professional guidance on the relevant department’s areas of responsibility so that you can relate these to the overall context of the company.
You will support the project team in the relevant thematic areas, for example by researching topics at the intersection between development and sport. You will help organise events and publications etc., support the application of modern PR methods and promote knowledge management in the project’s field of activity. In addition, as an integrated member of the Sport for Development in Africa team you will be required to undertake tasks arising at short notice in day-to-day business and to support the implementation and further development of advisory services on issues handled by the project.
Your responsibilities will include the following (selection):
- Support with coordinating project activities, in particular processing knowledge and data (including close collaboration with the project’s field staff)
- Administrative/organisational responsibilities, such as preparing appointments, drafting minutes of meetings, creating presentations
- Support with project monitoring and evaluation
- Assistance with editing articles on project implementation for BMZ or the sector project Sport for Development
- Support and preparatory work for public and internal specialised events, publications, writing news reports etc.
- Support with developing basic concepts and independent editing work on related topics, including sport for development and gender, sport in the context of refugees, sustainable operation and use of sports grounds etc.
- Assistance with the preparation (design), implementation and processing of contracts
- A degree in educational sciences, social sciences, political sciences or sports sciences or an equivalent scientific degree
- Linguistic skills: proficiency in spoken and written English and German; knowledge of another language, such as French or/and Portuguese is desirable
- Excellent comprehension skills, organisation and communication skills as well as team ability
- Knowledge of sport as a development medium
- Knowledge of German and international organised sport
- Knowledge of development cooperation
- Previous professional experience in the context of sport, sport for development, Africa or similar practical experience is desirable
Das Praktikum ist nur möglich, wenn Sie aktuell immatrikuliert sind, sich in einer Weiterbildung befinden, deren integraler Bestandteil die Absolvierung eines Praktikums ist oder der Studienabschluss zu Beginn des Praktikums nicht länger als 6 Monate zurückliegt.
Die monatliche Prakitkantenvergütung beträgt €1.520,- (brutto).
Die GIZ möchte den Anteil von Menschen mit Behinderung im Unternehmen erhöhen. Daher freuen wir uns über entsprechende Bewerbungen.
Für inhaltliche Rückfragen steht Ihnen Frau Arnemann (email@example.com) zur Verfügung.