Assignment period:07/01/2019 - 06/30/2021
Field:Country-, Portfolio- and Project Managers
Type of employment:full-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and resultoriented services. Our clients include international institutions, governments and private businesses with global operations.
To strengthen our operations team, we are looking for a Junior Project Manager (m/f/d) for the location Eschborn as soon as possible.
- Operational coordination of framework call-downs for selected frameworks
- Opportunity tracking and analysis for selected strategic accounts
- Develop competitive intelligence and capability statements for selected opportunities
- Research and analysis on markets and competitors
- Selection and preparation of project references for selected priority bids
- Compiling (and analysing) standard business metrics per client segment for analysis and reporting purposes
- Collect and store white reviews and bid outcome letters per client
- Support development and management of client-specific templates and documents
- Responsible for keeping key client entries into the business pipeline up to date
- At least a Master degree in a relevant field, such as Economics, International Agronomy or Agroforestry, International Climate Change, International Development Studies, or similar
- Experience of one year in the development aid sector, preferably including business development
- Experience with the procurement policies and procedures of at least one of the following clients: DFID, EuropeAid, SDC, EiB, World Bank, GCF
- Experience as a Framework Manager for DFID or EU funded framework contracts is considered an asset
- Experience working on international development projects or research is considered an asset
- Experience gained during internships with international consultancy firms or NGOs working in the international development sector may count towards experience
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills are required
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, including both communicative and in writing, are required
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency or professional working proficiency (European Framework Level B1 or higher) in German, French, Portuguese or Spanish is considered an asset;
- Willingness and ability to travel is required
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2179