GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
The Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Coordinator implements and deploys Lean and Lean Six Sigma in the BA-Solutions (BA-S). The LSS Coordinator supports the implementation of the Operational Excellence strategy driving actively consistent LSS deployment to enable the BA-S production sites improving their performance in a sustainable way. The LSS Coordinator is a senior and proven change agent willing to motivate others while embracing the culture of Lean and Lean Six Sigma.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Operational Excellence organization implementing and deploying sustainable Lean Six Sigma (LSS) maintaining contact with regional Lean Managers.
- Responsible for all regional LSS activities, project identification and counseling of local/regional management teams to define improvement strategies / initiatives.
- Drive the deployment of LSS by supporting plant managers, and other managers in both, production and administration.
- Empower managers and employees to challenge the status-quo with the target to identify improvement on existing processes.
- Actively support all BA-S associated sites in the region with Lean / LSS methodology in and during the execution of improvement projects and assist developing tailored / site specific improvement roadmaps
- Conduct regular Lean Audits and derive / define activities to develop the site performance.
- Motivate and embrace people through a positive attitude and stimulate change in traditional mind set
- Communicate and share LSS best practices within the LSS Community and peers in BA-Solutions
- Capture, validate and report (in cooperation with local production/site management) realized cost savings incl. documentation on the LSS SharePoint.
- Cooperate & collaborate with other BA-S / GEA LSS organizations / LSS coordinators and local LSS managers.
- Identify training needs, arrange and conduct required LSS trainings for the region.
- Assess potential LSS Belt candidates, train and mentor LSS belts towards their certifications.
- Assess the implementation progress of LSS improvement projects and provide feedback to the Head of Operational Excellence and local / regional LSS Steering Committee
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with Professional Specialization (Lean, Six Sigma or Lean Sigma Black Belt)
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ process improvement experience with proven track record of results in diverse working environments. Experienced with production processes and improvement techniques such as Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma.
- Skills: Comprehensive understanding of process improvement tools, philosophy, methodology and implementation. Proven track record of cultural, technical and organizational approaches. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and goal oriented. Strong understanding of process analysis tools and data-based decision making. High level of Change Management experienced. Senior in using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Minitab or other statistical programs.
- Other: English language communication skills are mandatory. Travelling within the country, Europe and occasionally global.
GEA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will therefore receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, world view, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualification are welcome and will be given preferential consideration.