The Aircraft Handling/Warehouse Handling Expert is responsible for managing all Cargo Operation affairs and to maintain service standards as defined under Lufthansa Cargo guidelines. She/he is also responsible for ensuring all handling agent staff are trained to Lufthansa Cargo standards, cross skills ability achievement and maintaining analysis of costs/budget achievement and performance.
Within the operational targets set by Manager Handling F/GC-H or Head of Sales & Handling F/GC the Aircraft Handling/ Warehouse Handling Expert performs the following duties:
Operations and Warehouse Handling
- Support the implementation of the local/regional operations business plan.
- Support the implementation of local/regional measures meant for the support of the worldwide handling strategy.
- Assists in the analysis of cost/budget achievements/service element and performance.
- Monitors the operational performance for all aspects of the LCAG product.
- Continuously develops process improvements within export and import cargo services, in close cooperation with the key interfaces.
- Liaises with the GHA to encourage ongoing communication and promote desired service levels.
- Monitors the performance of subcontractors to ensure required performance levels and requests required corrective action.
- Assists in the management of all Warehouse installations, including stock keeping and functional control.
- Takes responsibility for handling of mail OAL, DGR storage, DGR training, FAA and TSA regulations, warehouse/weight and volume checks and any irregularities.
- Issues written and verbal communication to LCAG customer base involving Imports/Exports, Express and special product issues.
- Works according to documented Quality Manual procedures, takes responsibility for the quality system, and promotes a preventative culture using the tools provided.
- Reports and coordinates of all handling issues with key interfaces.
- Assists in the management of all warehouse affairs and documentation, including handling of flights and trucks, storage of cargo, physical acceptance and delivery of cargo. In charge of equipment/ULD’s (unit loading device) other loading material.
- Optional L- / B-Level responsibilities.
- Adheres to all published LCAG network & performance standards.
- Implements continuous process improvements within area of responsibility.
- Optimizes the means of communication between local units & key interfaces.
- Leads the team, promotes and ensures people development incl. employee evaluations.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of health & safety, efficiency and cleanliness
- Performs all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Local / Regional Specifics:
For the ATL F/XU only:
- Export/ Import Handling
- Processes export and import inquires as per LCAG requirements and procedures such as:
- Goods acceptance including “Ready for carriage” check
- Processing of discrepancies at acceptance
- Preparation and finalization of outbound flights/trucks
- Preparation and handling of inbound flights /trucks
- Handling of import documentation (delivery, transfer and abandoned shipment)
- Processes all Air Waybills and HAWBs and ensures accurate data capture as per company’s requirements and procedures.
- Handles Special Cargo.
- Initiates invoicing, accepts cash payments.
- Performs Service Recovery activities (i.e. tracing, warehouse checks, offloads).
- Performs Airmail Handling.
- Fully supports the quality standards.
- Works according to documented CHM and GOM procedures.
- Observes and applies the security requirements of LCAG and local authorities
- Contacts customers, informs them of any/all irregularities.
- Handles “BIG” or “OVER LAP” requests as per established procedures.
- High School diploma/ GED required.
- University Degree or equivalent higher education diploma
- 3-6 years’ export and import warehouse operations experience
- Knowledge of warehouse and logistics management
- Fluent English required.
- German desired.
- Other language required.
- Qualification according to CHM / GOM
- Computer Literate
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Business Sense.
- Strong Cost consciousness
- Strong Detail oriented
- Good Innovation
- Strong Communication
- Strong Understanding of mathematical concepts
- Excellent Problem Solving
- Strong Project Management
- Excellent Quality consciousness
- Excellent Productivity driven
- Strong Reasoning Ability
- Excellent Safety and Security
- Good strategic thinking
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Adaptability
- Strong Assimilation
- Good Change Management
- Strong Written communication
- Strong Conceptual thinking/ Procedure
- Strong Conflict management skills
- Strong Customer orientation
- Strong Customer service
- Excellent Commitment
- Strong Corporate awareness
- Strong Delegation
- Excellent Flexibility
- Excellent Independence
- Strong Initiative
- Strong Intercultural awareness
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong Judgment
- Strong Management skills
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Excellent Professionalism
- Excellent Reliability
- Excellent Responsibility
- Strong Team Work
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
- Conduct evaluation of staff, assess training needs, and participate in planning for training and development
- Authorization of overtime as deemed appropriate
*Cover letter required.
*Company may provide relocation assistance.