The Turnaround Coordinator is responsible for the economic, punctual and safe planning and execution of the various aircraft handling processes during the aircraft ground time. This includes the optimization of processes and procedures.
He/she remains at the aircraft during the entire ground time and coordinates all processes in all areas of responsibility which may arise during the course of aircraft handling, as locally defined.
He/she steers and controls the work routines with internal and external parties, incl. crews, and keeps track of vendors’ performance.
The parameters for this are agreed with the Station Manager or are derived from the appropriate rules and regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating Weight and Balance documentation with LH Global Load Control.
- Maintain daily trip files and station traffic report as well as all aircraft-handling related statistical data.
- Supervision of ramp functions.
- Operational safety/load security checks on aircraft prior to departure, which also includes the coordination of all operational activities during irregularities.
- Coordination of all phases of aircraft handling, including catering, cleaning, fueling, crew and passenger boarding/de-boarding.
- Supervision of handling agents during all phases of aircraft loading/unloading, including checking on correct buildup/preparation of cargo – destined for bulk loading or in unit load devices.
- Ensure all cargo or luggage is properly tied down or secured in the compartments.
- Responsible to keep track of the number of passengers, pieces of luggage and the amount of fuel.
- Work very closely with ramp personnel and the airport station manager or deputy.
- Close coordination with gate, steering of boarding and de-boarding related passenger service processes.
- Secure the proper handling of Bagscan.
- Provide daily monitoring report to the Manager about handling performance, document delays and reasons.
- Responsible for LBI control.
- Ensure implementation of new procedures, processes or product features and enhancements.
- Plan for and ensure that irregularities are always handled in accordance with customer, economic and legal considerations.
- Report any flight handling irregularities to LH management as locally defined.
- Support the development and modification of processes and procedures with the aim of improving quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be able to support or trouble shoot all station related processes.
Quality and Provider Management
- Ensure awareness for and achievement of all aircraft handling relevant quality targets / KPIs and initiate corrective actions if deviations occur.
- Ensure that service level agreements are adhered to by all providers.
- Ensure and foster required quality awareness throughout daily operation.
- Ensure proper training for all team members relevant to their individual tasks.
- Strive for consistent quality and service improvements.
- Provide timely and systematic feedback to the service providers.
- Coordinate the activities of service providers to ensure smooth operations, i.e caterers, aircraft loaders, cabin cleaning personnel, security, GLC.
- Responsible for specified resource planning up to given limits (i.e flight schedule changes).
- Actively support passenger service related processes when called upon.
- Ad hoc liaison with Federal, State and Local authorities and airport operators in regards to regulations and/or practices directly effecting day-to-day operations.
- Liaison with Federal, State and Local authorities and airport operators in regards to regulations.
- Maintain regular communication and feedback with LH management about all handling aspects as locally defined.
- Maintain all manuals and local instructions and keep them up to date.
- Safety / Security / Legal.
- Ensure that all aspects of the ground handling operation are in accordance at all times with:
- Safety regulations.
- Security regulations.
- Legal regulations.
- Performance and proper documentation of checks performed under the station operations surveillance concept.
- Ensure a cost efficient ground handling operation without any compromise to safety standards.
- Motivate and encourage service providers to strive for superior quality.
- Ensure that the appearance of LH dedicated staff at the airport corresponds to LH Standards.
- The Turnaround Coordinator has to be present frontline, wearing a Lufthansa uniform.
- Ensure that Lufthansa product and safety philosophy and core values are known and implemented by all staff. Also applies to airlines handled by LH.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree/vocational training desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- 2-3 years experience in:
- Several years of work experience required in aircraft handling.
- Knowledge of passenger handling and gate processes.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- Other language desirable.
- LH specific or other airlines.
- Overall knowledge of LH organizational structure and strategy.
- Knowledge of airport procedures and processes.
- LH training courses required.
- Successful completion of Training in Aircraft Handling (including DCS systems).
- Valid SO Qualification.
- Successful completion of SOCC surveillance training*
- Knowledge of Emergency Response (SERP) planning and LEAN methodology preferred*
- Knowledge of passenger handling and gate processes preferred.
*Participation in respective trainings to acquire respective qualifications required.
- Computer skills as user.
- PC and Campus supported software including all MS Office programs.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong Business sense.
- Excellent Cost consciousness.
- Excellent detail oriented.
- Strong Innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Excellent Problem Solving.
- Good project management.
- Excellent quality consciousness.
- Excellent productivity driven.
- Excellent reasoning ability.
- Excellent safety and security.
- Good strategic thinking.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
- Strong adaptability.
- Strong assimilation.
- Excellent change management.
- Excellent conceptual thinking/Procedure
- Strong conflict skills management.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Excellent independence.
- Strong initiative.
- Excellent intercultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent professionalism.
- Strong Customer service.
- Excellent commitment.
- Excellent corporate awareness.
- Strong delegation.
- Excellent reliability.
- Excellent responsibility.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Excellent Acting with integrity.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness for assessment screening
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
*Cover letter required.
*Company may provide relocation assistance.