The Account Manager is responsible for reaching sales targets & maximizing revenue in the existing business segment for LH Group and JVs. She/he manages and develops customer portfolios, mainly through personal sales visits. In addition, she/he applies an entrepreneurial mind-set to constantly look for new ways to develop revenue through partnerships, new contracting approaches, multiple distribution options and preferred product displays. She/he is part of the Execute Sales process acting as key interface to the customer.
Dependent on the assignment focus the tasks include the following:
- Comprehensive preparation of contract negotiations (incl. quotations) in close cooperation with the Account Steering Expert.
- Negotiate contracts with existing corporate accounts, agents & TMCs with clear focus on revenue quality and growth of business.
- Negotiate contracts with high potential / high volume companies identified / developed via the New Business & SME Manager (if applicable).
- Implement sales product solutions in close cooperation with the Revenue Management Coordination function (e.g. corporate net rates – individual and framework).
- Coordinate the implementation of new distribution solutions for relevant agency or corporate accounts, acting as interface between the customer and the distribution expert teams.
Steering & Monitoring
- Monthly evaluation of portfolio performance in close cooperation with Account Steering Expert. Identifying new revenue potential in existing portfolio and act as a sales entrepreneur by evaluating and implementing new sales products and programs in order to stimulate further revenue growth.
- Arrange and prepare comprehensive customer visits based on sales visit preparations by the Account Steering Expert.
- Organize and initiate sales promotion activities as well as incentive and ad-hoc deals.
- Act as a distribution consultant when it comes to existing and future new booking channels and/or methods in order to optimize LH Group & JV revenue generated by different distribution solutions.
- Act as the spearhead for timely and effective distribution and collection of information to and from the customer and travel agents with the purpose of achieving sales and further cooperation opportunities.
- Dedicated responsibility for OBE/Leisure/Groups/Premium sales products (if applicable).
- Documentation of sales visits in the LH Group CRM sales tools.
- Regular feedback and performance meetings with the General Manager Sales.
Follow-up and actions
- Follow-up analysis and action plans based on opportunities and requirements out of customer meetings.
- Drive business cases via General Manager Sales together with the Account Steering Expert.
- Implement subsequent improvement products/process to relevant customer/travel agent.
- Forward new business sales leads to the New Business & SME Manager.
- Pass on market & competitor information to the Business Development unit.
- Forward relevant queries to customer care unit or service provider.
- Participation in other duties as assigned.
- High school certificate, A level/ Abitur or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
Professional Experience required.
Technical Competencies and other prerequisites
- English required.
- German desirable.
Expert knowledge required
- Knowledge as user.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Excellent Entrepreneurial / commercial mindset.
- Strong Ability to manage complexity.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Strong Independent and proactive approach.
- Excellent Assertiveness.
- Good Problem solving / solution oriented.
- Excellent Service / Customer Orientation.
- Good Innovative and open to change.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) / Interpersonal skills.
- Strong Cooperation skills/ Team player.
- Good Structured / systematic approach/ Process orientation.
- Excellent Professional and confident manner.
Formal Selection procedure
- Assessment may be required.
*Cover letter required.
*China FASCO contract.
*Must be Chinese citizen.
*Must possess a legal work permit in the country of employment.