Assignment period:01/01/2020 - 12/31/2023
Field:Climate Change, Environment
Type of employment:full-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded project: „ Support to the Implementation of Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive (IPPC)” in Turkey.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To protect human health and environment by integrated management of industrial pollution through implementation of Industrial Emissions Directive.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To increase the technical and institutional capacity of the competent authorities for effective implementation of IPPC approach in Turkey in line with the EU Industrial Emissions Directive.
Key Expert 2 will be especially responsible for:
- Revision of Inventory and Cost Analysis
- Sectoral analysis studies in the chemical industry sector
- Preparation of sectoral BAT control checklists
- Conduction of field studies in this sector
- National Action Plan studies and
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent. In the absence of such a degree, at least -5 years of working experience in the field of environment, preferably 3 years of experience on mineral industry sector;
- Good command of written & spoken English
- Good computer skills
General professional experience
- At least 5 years of general professional experience in the field of environment
Specific professional experience
- Experience in at least 1 project regarding BATs, BAT Conlusions, BREFs, and REFs inmineral industry sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience on sub sectors and/or processes and/or outputs and/or inputs of mineral industry sector
- Experience in at least 1 project related with “EU Industrial Emissions Directive (2010/75/EU)”, preferably in application and/or transposition of IPPC approach according to the requirements of this directive
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
The project will be performed in Ankara. In addition to this, sectoral activities for selected emission intensive sectors and various project events will be conducted in different parts of Turkey.
Start date & Period of implementation of tasks
The intended start date is January 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 27.08.2019.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2361