Assignment period:09/01/2019 - 02/28/2020
Type of employment:full-time
The Sino-German Industrie 4.0 Project is the result of an MoU that was signed between the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) in 2015 on deepening cooperation and mutual understanding in intelligent manufacturing and interconnected production processes.
Commissioned by BMWi in 2016, we are the official cooperation office here in Beijing. As an instrument of bilateral cooperation, the GIZ acts on behalf of the German government and in the interests of both Germany and China. We provide a platform for dialogue and cooperation as well as policy advice to both governments. Main partners to the project are ministries and government authorities in both countries as well as private sector institutions such as trade associations, research institutes and companies.
We are looking for an intern, a creative and motivated team player with a (near-)native level of German and English (written and spoken) and a high interest in the Sino-German Political Dialogue as well as Industrie 4.0. Work experience in policy research, and consulting is considered a strong asset. Experiences in the fields of policy analysis and research including international cooperation are considered an asset.
The successful applicant will be working in an international team supporting a wide range of project activities, such as:
• Support in the implementation of activities and events with our partners, such as Sino-German Company Working Group Industrie 4.0 and Intelligent Manufacturing (AGU)
• Monitoring and reporting on political, regulatory and industry developments
• Policy analysis and drafting of policy briefings
• Support to the project’s monthly newsletter by writing news summaries and completion of editorial tasks
• Translation of news, reports and other documents
You will be working in an international team and trilingual environment with the opportunity to learn about Sino-German political processes, policies related to Industrie 4.0 and Intelligent Manufacturing, and international cooperation more generally.
- Holding a postgraduate degree in an area related to public policy, economics, business administration, political science, journalism or international relations;
- Fluency in German and English (written and spoken) is required; command of Chinese is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Culturally sensitive team work skills;
- Good IT skills such as MS Office;
- Able to work independently, excellent organisational skills; efficient, accurate and high-quality delivery of all work-related output;
- Excellent communication skills; culture-sensitive social skills and a team player.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.580,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Li (Mail: email@example.com or Phone +86 10 85324845-201).