SOME IT WORKS. SOME CHANGES WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly novel solutions. And that’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW group, offer you a challenging master thesis position that aims to investigate efficient inference scheduling schemes, which optimize the use of the available hardware to process high resolution images without degrading the task accuracy on edge hardware.Deploying Deep Neural Networks (DNNs) on edge is typically constrained by a limited on-chip memory size. To compensate, the input resolution can be lowered to fit the available memory budget, however, at the cost of task-related accuracy degradation.
What awaits you?
- Identifying challenges in deploying state-of-the-art neural networks on resource-constrained embedded hardware.
- Evaluation of state-of-the-art techniques for real-time high resolution inference on edge devices.
- Experience in neural network compression, scheduling, and efficient mapping on accelerators.
- Engagement in a diverse team with experience in publishing at international peer-reviewed conferences.
- Presentation of the thesis results using the scientific method, both in written and oral form.
- Please note that you must ensure that the thesis is supervised by a university.
What should you bring along?
- Excellent programming skills in Python and Tensorflow 2. Experience with Git, Docker is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in computer vision concepts, and convolutional neural networks.
- Experience with neural network optimization on resource-contrained embedded settings.
- Highly motivated and ability to work dynamically in a team.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Employee discounts & price deductions.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits - see jobs/benefits.
You are enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Earliest starting date: 15.04.2021
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001