CREATE JOY. BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES.
BMW Bank GmbH combines the flexibility of a mid-sized company with all the employee benefits of the BMW Group. Our working style is based around teamwork and international collaboration. Our colleagues develop their individual abilities through the close cooperation between different divisions and departments.
We, the BMW group, offer you a challenging master thesis position that aims to optimize the fusion strategy of a given CNN workload for maximal data reuse and resource utilization.
Dataflow and mapping of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) influences their compute and energy efficiency on edge accelerators. Layer fusion is a concept which enables the processing of multiple CNN layers without resorting to costly off-chip memory accesses. In order to optimally implement layer fusion, different combinations of mapping and scheduling parameters need to be explored.
What awaits you?
- Identifying challenges in deploying state-of-the-art neural networks on resource-constrained embedded hardware.
- Implementation of state-of-the-art layer fusion and efficient resource partitioning techniques on a neural network accelerator.
- Experience in applying neural network optimization techniques, such as pruning and quantization.
- Engagement in a diverse team with experience in publishing at international peer-reviewed conferences.
- Presentation of the thesis results using the scientific method, both in written and oral form.
Please note that you must ensure that the thesis is supervised by a university.
What should you bring along?
- Strong knowledge in computer vision concepts, and convolutional neural networks.
- Hands-on experience with Xilinx FPGAs, Verilog/VHDL/HLS.
- Excellent programming skills in C, Python. Experience in Tensorflow 2, Git, Docker is a plus.
- Highly motivated and eager to collaborate in a team.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Employee discounts & price deductions.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits - see jobs/benefits.
You are enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Earliest starting date: 15.04.2021
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001