The material planner is responsible for ensuring material and tool availability for the individual maintenance events. By doing so, the material planner supports a smooth technical operation observing cost efficiency during the material planning processes.
Strategic material planning taking into account the corresponding maintenance schedule and economic data for all Lufthansa Technik Maintenance International stations in South Africa.
- Accountability for material provision for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events.
- Single point of contact for all material-related issues internally and to store provider.
- Constant development and reasonable adaption of supply chain processes.
- Definition of adequate stock levels based on scheduled and operational data.
- Performance of supplier monitoring, usage and development of corresponding KPIs.
- Carry out / support in economic negotiations with existing and potential suppliers.
- Order management (ordering, shipping, receiving).
- Main responsibility for data correctness.
- Stock level monitoring.
- Order clarification (e.g. goods receiving clarification).
*All other duties as assigned or required.
- Aviation industry, mechanical / engineering industry or equivalent.
- MS Office, SAP R/3 desirable, AMOS desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Cost consciousness.
- Communication skills.
- Project Management.
- Quality consciousness.
- Safety and Security.
Cover letter required.