The Product Applications Development Engineer is a role that brings the voice of the customer into the development programs for new products and technologies at ZEISS Microscopy. This specific position will focus on validating, testing, selecting, and improving 3D visualization and analysis solutions, both from ZEISS and from 3rd party vendors. The position is very hands on in nature, and has a strategic component. This person will join a global team responsible for developing the 3D visualization and analysis solutions roadmap.
- Applications development specialist for 3D visualization and analysis solutions for Microscopy products, with primary focus on X-ray microscopes (XRM).
- Provide expert input and advocate for XRM needs in the strategic visualization and analysis roadmap
- Define and execute alpha and beta tests for new visualization and analysis offerings for XRM use cases.
- Be knowledgeable about the various analysis and visualization solutions available across ZEISS and the global external landscape; use and evaluate a broad array of 3D analysis packages in order to guide relevant product decisions.
- Own the roadmap of features required and their prioritization as relates to visualization software solutions, working with global application engineers and other internal partners to understand what future features are needed and to support their development.
- Hands on development and validation of XRM customer workflows.
- Being an expert XRM resource to the internal ZEISS network for visualization and post-processing solutions.
- Technical education – Advanced degree in Computer Science or engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience. (M.S or PhD preferred).
- Hands on experience with multiple commercially available visualization and analysis solutions (e.g., ORS, VG Studio MAX, Avizo, Bit Plane, Matlab, Amira, ImageJ)
- Industrial working knowledge/ experience in Materials Science, Life Science, Electronics, or Natural Resources
- Image processing experience and familiarity of methods/techniques required
- Python scripting knowledge required
- Microscopy experience, strongly preferred
- Metrology experience, preferred
- Machine learning user experience, preferred
- User experience design (UX) familiarity, preferred
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English, and willing to travel (including internationally) up to 20% of time.
- Must have strong writing, communication, and presentation skills on technical scientific content.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled employer.