GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Responsible for organizing and controlling engineering projects using the GEA Project Management Guidelines and performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Performs and completes obligations from system contracts between the Company and customers.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Prepares technical operating manual identifying and describing equipment operating characteristics.
- Specifies components and negotiates prices with purchasing.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Department Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 4-year degree in Engineering, (Mechanical, Chemical, Food Science or similar).
- Must have 4+ years of experience in evaporation or spray drying process.
- Dairy Processing experience is advantageous
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess good English language communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be willing to travel. (Approximately 25% of the time)
- Advantageous to have working knowledge MS Office Products.