Schweiz, Basel-Stadt, Basel
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Roche Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We hep drive medical innovation and are integral to the realisation of truly Personalised Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients. We are shaping the digitalization of Pharma R&D at Roche, and we are growing. For our vision to come true, we need innovative, dedicated people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Currently, we are looking for Research Informatics talent with a good understanding of Drug Discovery. Join us in creating the future of research for patients with digital solutions at the forefront of innovation!
- You will be a leader with vision and co-creator of our strategic initiative on catalysing the digitalisation of drug discovery to increase the productivity and innovation power of research
- You will provide ‘digital leadership’ through your ability to think holistically and strategically, connecting different disciplines such as informatics, chemistry, biology, and engineering and by being able to articulate clearly complex concepts across all levels of the organisation
- You will initiate, continuously refine, and streamline initiatives around automated data capturing, processing and integration into a FAIR data layer, and digitally augmented science
- You will establish and nurture effective partnerships with scientists, internal IT specialists and software companies to assess existing processes and workflows for optimisation opportunities. You actively contribute to people development through coaching and mentoring, and you help drive People & Culture topics in alignment with our values and operating principles
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
We are looking for these qualifications:
- You have a university degree, preferably a PhD, in Computer or Life Science and several years of professional experience in the broad field of Research Informatics
- You have advanced expertise in drug discovery in pharmaceutical research and associated state of the art digital solutions
- You are a quick learner, inspired by curiosity, who enjoys entering into new areas to build expertise, and you courageously and creatively take initiative to see your ideas implemented
- You embrace change and make change happen, and you thrive in ambiguous environments
- You use highly developed negotiation and influencing skills on strategy, initiatives, implementation, and decision-making at the interfaces between different areas and functions as well as with external partners
- You are attracted by the challenges of initiating and managing scientific informatics projects, and navigate consciously and fluidly between strategic conceptual thinking and detail-oriented planning, prioritisation, and management
- You have experience in leading teams and initiatives in a matrix organization. You are able to achieve results and to align organizational resources to accomplish key objectives. You are comfortable and skilled in building alliances with key partners
- Your profile is rounded off by having very good presentation and communication skills in English
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.