The Sales Manager must proactively sell all measurement services (ex. CMM Inspection, CT Scanning, CMM Programming, Onsite Staffing, etc.). While ZEISS has a large CMM user base, emphasis must be placed on keeping the CT Scanner utilized with work from the medical plastics, medical assembly and in general plastic molding industries. The sales manager is responsible for achieving sales goals for the assigned territory by developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with customers.
- Exceed monthly and yearly bookings goals.
- Will use iBE CRM to drive opportunities to close. All quotes, customers, opportunities, phone calls, meetings and to-do’s must be recorded in iBE.
- Will work with the local measurement lab to keep existing customers & find new customers in order to hit the territory booking goal.
- Reporting: Use iBE to show bi-monthly KPI dashboards for:
- Quoting: Goal is 20 quotes/week. Sales manager to submit weekly (Friday) quote log showing order status (hit rate) and monthly projection.
- Prospecting: Goal is 20 phone calls/day. Sales manager to submit a detailed weekly (Friday) prospect report to manager. (customer, contact, location, potential & next steps)
- Work 4 trade shows (minimum) - one per quarter. Goal for each show is 25 service leads / day. Sales manager expected to track leads / show, lead type (CT, CMM, etc), PO date and PO value. To be submitted monthly (last Friday)
- Bookings: Weekly report to show status (new or repeat customer/company), lab performing work & type of service: (CT, CMM). Sales manager expected to submit this report weekly (Friday) along with a projected monthly booking forecast.
- Will “cold call” customers (face-to-face and via phone) to grow bookings stream.
- Work closely with the Site Manager & Business Manager on quotes, backlog and service pipeline to ensure customer needs are met.
- Collaboratively work with the Business Manager to develop an overall territory account plan to maximize opportunities and generate sales activity with customers and partners.
- Responsible for providing complete and timely order information to Customer Care.
- Follows up with customers as needed or directed by the Business Manager.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a dimensional lab or demonstrating metrology equipment
- While a High School Diploma is required a Mechanical Technology or Engineering degree from a college/university is preferred.
- Strong blueprint / GD&T interpretation skills
- Thorough hands-on experience using measuring equipment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer’s problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
- Affinity for computer aided data analysis – reverse engineering, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast growing segment of Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC.
- Ability to close business
- Ability to work in a high pressure Sales environment.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers, face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Must be a team player across organization.
- Exceptional communication skills- both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the USA and internationally (75%).
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.