This role could also be based in Paris, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Milan, Madrid and Stockholm.
Come and join Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we redefine the IT Industry. We are building a business that has the potential to be at least as big as the Amazon.com retail business and are seeking world class candidates to contribute to this effort. Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on helping partners implement new cloud products and business models by engaging with C-level executives, IT Professionals, and influences at all levels? Do you like to solve complex technical problems? Do you want to find the next big thing in technology and empower partners to take full advantage of the cloud? Do you have a passion for globally scaling partner development programs? Then come help us make history!
This is the right role for someone who has been deep in Operations, DevOps or software engineering in the past, but wants to focus on building, advising, and enabling our partner community through scalable and programmatic interactions. You will be focused on working with a small number of strategic partners on a long-term engagement. You will facilitate workshops with partner executives around vision and long-term engagement as well as tactical meetings with cloud architects and developers on AWS implementation, with the end goal to transform the partner IT landscape by migrating workloads to the cloud.
The ideal candidate should be able to quickly earn trust from both the C-Suite, and the technical teams. Think about someone that in a full day workshop at a partner/customer site can open the morning introduction meeting and discuss with C level people about workshop business and technical goals, move on to several hours with engineers discussing system architecture and can comfortably chat at the end of the day with everyone involved. They should have a demonstrated a passion for technology and be able to cover different technology topics, like software architecture, continuous deployment, automation, and operations but not being afraid to say “I’m not an expert in this domain” when required but has the aptitude to close any gaps within a short amount of time. Strong communication skills are important in this role and the ability to speak to audiences is important.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Support high scale partner development business team
· Advise partners on opportunities to grow their business in the cloud
· Provide architectural guidance on migrating partner offerings to the cloud
· Capture and share field lessons learned with internal engineering teams
· Write technical white papers, blog posts, and provide specific technical guidance
· Provide guidance to partner engineering teams
· Promote partners internally and externally with webinars and speaking opportunities
Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS.
· 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT infrastructure, software development, and/or systems administration
· Broad set of technologies related to the cloud ecosystem
· Prior partner development and speaking skills
· Fluent verbal and written English and German communications skills in customer/partner engagements
· Some travel will be required (up to 30%)
· Experience with technology advisory consulting
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Broad knowledge of the cloud technology partner community and related products
· Experience writing and publishing technical documents
· Data Analytics, AI/ML experience
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.