Schweiz, Zug, Rotkreuz
Vereinigte Staaten, Arizona, Tucson
Sr. Category Project Specialist (Instruments & Software)
Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
What will you do:
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future, you are accountable for delivering or supporting parts of strategic projects according to the relevant Instruments Category Strategy and annual pipeline of initiatives. You execute assigned projects using project management, stakeholder engagement, and Roche’s category and supplier management approaches.
- You execute strategic projects or parts of projects as assigned by Category Management teams to deliver in line with agreed targets
- You apply a robust project management and work in cooperation with Project Leads to ensure the correct balance of resources are utilized to deliver projects
- You establish effective project governance and ensure a robust project governance structure with clear roles and responsibilities
- You monitor and mitigate risk and resolve issues and project risks on a timely basis and escalate issues and risks where appropriate
What you bring:
- University degree - with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable
- 3+ years procurement or supply chain experience in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects
- Deep understanding of some of the major direct spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- 3+ years of project management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environments
- Strong experience in upwards communication and stakeholder management skills supported by good interpersonal competencies (communication, influencing)
- Proven capability in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Expert proficiency in MS Project and other business systems
- Knowledgeable in procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (i.e. eSourcing, eAuction)
- Business level fluency in English
- Availability to travel for up to 5-10%