The Staff Algorithm Engineer will help ZEISS to bring market leading computed tomography and x-ray microscopy to the next level. Develop and implement cutting edge algorithms for computed tomography reconstruction. Develop and implement pre- and post-processing algorithms for CT image data. Support rapid prototyping of novel algorithm. Implement and maintain a production level codebase. Participate in research activities of a dynamic team and willingness to learn and to share knowledge. Develop and maintain academic and industry network of collaborators.
- Actively drive innovation in your area through sound understanding of relevant challenges and a high level of creativity.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers on algorithm development in the field of x-ray microscopy and CT.
- Design, implement, test and validate algorithms on relevant tools.
- Work collaboratively with the entire development team towards productization of novel algorithms.
- Establish network to universities and research-labs worldwide.
- Support algorithm development throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and communicate with project teams.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Support and mentor visiting students and interns.
- Ph. D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in software development for image processing and/or computational imaging
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Experience on adapting scientific computing methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Experience implementing and optimizing algorithms on GPU’s through CUDA and/or OpenCL
- Experience with deep learning framework (e.g. Caffe, Convent2, Tensorflow, Torch, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a globally distributed team.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.