- Code number: MHP-D-0-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Atlanta
- Organization: MHP – A Porsche Company
- Perform day-to-day general ledger accounting, including journal entry preparation and related reporting in the areas of Prepaids, Accruals, Payroll, Benefits, and Intercompany / Related Party processes
- Maintains accounts payable subsidiary ledger, assist with vendor payment setup, post of invoices, reconcile corporate credit card statement and vendor setup
- Assist accounts receivable billing and collections
- Perform fixed asset accounting and reporting
- Assist with annual tax computations (i.e. 1099-MISC) and returns
- Post bank entries (i.e. transfers, payments, receipts) and bank account reconciliations
- Assist in the monthly accounting close procedures including proper period end cut-off and accounting close schedule
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual closing, consolidation and reporting processes and apply methods to improve efficiency
- Review and process accounting adjustments based on review, analysis and reconciliations of accounts within area of responsibility
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for review and approval, investigate differences and determine resolution to resolve discrepancies
- Perform intercompany & related party accounting and reporting as required
- Assists with preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes, and supplemental schedules
- Demonstrates an ability to execute and follow-through on tasks to completion; documentation
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), US Tax principles and integrity of financial data
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of the system of internal controls
- Coordinates or performs other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (concentration in Accounting) required
- 3+ years of accounting experience (General Ledger, AR, AP, Cash Management)
- Experience working in an international and cross-cultural environment
- Big Four accounting experience strongly preferred but not required
- Experience with SAP/R3 (FI, SD)
- Experience with SAP BW
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS Accounting and US Tax
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be deadline-driven
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- German language skills desirable but not required
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
MHP Americas Inc. is seeking for an organized and driven Accountant to join our growing team. The Accountant position will work closely with our Head of Finance and operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping. We’re an energetic company and are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and revitalize our record keeping and bring more organization to our day to day financials.
MHP is a leading international management and IT consultancy. We develop pioneering mobility and manufacturing solutions for international corporations, established mid-sized companies and disruptive startups.
Our consulting approach is uniquely holistic. We combine IT and technology expertise with deep management knowledge. That’s why MHP is the ideal partner for a successful digital overhaul. As digitization experts, we provide crucial analysis and cutting strategies to convert change processes into sustainable value.
Over 2,500 MHP employees currently advise 300 clients worldwide. International service means international presence, and MHP has planted flags over the globe. We have 13 offices - eight in Germany and the rest in the UK, China, Romania, the US and Switzerland. But the same, central principle applies in every location - MHP: DRIVEN BY EXCELLENCE.
Consulting is an extremely diverse field, with no two days the same. Every week presents new challenges. That’s not advertising speak - its the truth. We’re proud of our achievements, and share them online. Take a look at our online channels for a taste of current events, expert interviews, videos, specialist articles and photo galleries.
With MHP you have a hand in shaping tomorrow. Apply now on our JobLocator. Please include all documents such as cover letter, resume, references and project lists (if applicable).
Our recruiting team will review your application for not only the specified job, but for other opportunities as well. This way we can evaluate whether there is an even more suitable position for you at MHP.
You can reach our recruiting team at Recruiting-Americas@mhp.com