Einsatzzeitraum:01.11.2020 - 31.10.2023
Art der Anstellung:Voll- oder Teilzeit
The Ethiopian government has adopted an Industrial Development Policy to transform the currently agricultural-led economy into an industry based one, aiming to lift the population out of poverty and becoming a middle-income country by 2025. The textile and garment industries are considered priority sectors on the path to industrialization. These sectors are, however, often characterized by precarious working conditions, low wages, non-compliance with human rights and social and ecological standards. The Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Department for International Development (DFID) funded project "Promoting Sustainable Growth in the Textile and Garment Industry in Ethiopia" aims at job effective growth and social and environmental sustainability of the textile and garment industry, by ensuring better working conditions for workers, better management in four industrial parks, increased sustainability on industrial parks and company level, improving institutional frameworks and improving capacities of local companies.
- Support overall implementation of the project in close coordination with the project management and team
- Develop strategies and intervention logic in coordination with the team
- Plan and monitor inputs, activities and outreach, according to the overall project planning and management tools in cooperation with the team
- Work closely with other donors and GIZ-supported projects
- Support knowledge management and handling of cross-cutting issues
- Ensuring monitoring, project progress and accompanied investments, companies and projects
- Network with donors working in the sector
- Written and oral fluency in English, knowledge of German language is an advantage
- University degree in Economics, Business Adiministration, Buisnss Logistics or comparable studies
- Several years of professional experience
- Sound knowledge in concept and strategy development related to sustainability
- Experience with the private sector and with public sectors in developing countries
- Technical understanding of business supply chain management
- Distinctive communication skills, cultural sensitivity, teamwork, ability to work under pressure and flexibility
- Very good organisational and analytical skills and structured working methods
- Fluency in English; Knowledge of German is an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ethiopia.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
There is the option of an earlier start of the contract as well as an extension of the contract.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.