Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your technical expertise enables our business applications and by that be able to Power Climate Smarter Living?
We need to strengthen our operations team with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer.
The team is a multi-competence team located in several countries, operating mission critical IT services and high available infrastructural and application services to highly demanding business areas.
In the role as DevOps application engineer you will be working in a team that is very close to the functional application maintenance as well as business. To succeed in this role it is important that you are self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and knows how to prioritize. You are not only an expert technician but you also have social competence and understands the need of the business. You always challenge yourself and others how to improve and are open for suggestions from others but can also give your own.
The candidate is a team player and has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international organization.
As our DevOps application engineer you are responsible for operating, maintaining and optimizing a set of applications. You, together with your colleagues, ensure that the infrastructure and applications have an up-time as close as possible to 100%.
You will work close together with the on-site support teams at the premises of the business and a dedicated ServiceDesk to have short response times.
Specific tasks would include:
- Supporting applications running on heterogenous platforms (Windows, Linux, Containers)
- Technical application operations, including pro-active monitoring and maintenance
- Ensure that agreed service levels for up-time and other KPI’s are met at any time
- Follow the change management process
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across private and public cloud
As application engineer you possess a majority of the following qualifications and skills:
- An academic degree in IT, engineering, science or mathematics
- Experience in a large international environment is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to translate complicated technical matters into simple understandable language
- Building and operating of server virtualization environments
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Windows 2012 and up)
- Working with Agile methodology and/or DevOps way
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Able to deal with tight deadlines when they arise
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system (Salt, Ansible, Jenkins pipelines, Azure DevOps…)
- Experience with at least one of the following scripting languages (Powershell, Shell, Python…)
- Experience working with GIT
- Experience developing CI/CD
- Desirable experience with containers
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well.
This job requires some international travel. You need to be able to work independently in an international team that meets more virtually than physically. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits.
You are also expected to participate on the on-call rotation, shared with your team mates.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.”