The Applications Engineer II has overall responsibility of performing advanced feasibility studies/demos and completing system definition, setup and programming tasks for projects within the process control & inspection group. They will interact with customers and the project team regarding demonstrations, requirements documentation, and solution development from the initial feasibility through final system acceptance. They must leverage their previous experience to solve complex engineering problems and implement new processes within the group to advance the overall performance of the team.
- Complete advanced system feasibility studies and presentation of results to potential customers when novel designs and/or new concepts need to be employed
- Demonstrate system technology and capabilities at conferences, trade shows and customer meetings
- Define and complete needed engineering assessments and tests for project proposals
- Conceptualize & develop new techniques and processes to address key customer requirements
- Regularly participate in team and customer meetings
- Develop applications requirements to meet external and internal customer needs
- Participate in the system design process
- Plan and complete system image acquisition programming
- Develop/test the customer specific software configuration of the system
- Create technical reports/presentations highlighting system performance and present to the customer
- Develop and execute factory acceptance and site acceptance test protocols
- Perform system install and bring up at the customer site
- Perform root cause analysis and propose solutions to technical problems that need to be addressed across various projects
- Propose new developments based on current team inefficiencies and new possible technical advancements
- Develop applications requirements for internal customers
- Define and complete preliminary investigatory tasks
- Develop and execute engineering test plans
- BS/BA or MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Preferred background in optics/imaging, X-ray/CT, image processing, mechanical design, manufacturing & assembly and/or computer programming.
- Acquired skillset in CAD assemblies and drawings, advanced hardware & software troubleshooting, opto-mechanical design, basic control system debugging, robust documentation procedures & design risk assessment/mitigation.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.