The Application Engineer - Zeiss Metrology Services is responsible for supporting the revenue growth and success of Zeiss Metrology Services by efficiently providing metrology service solutions to service center customers. The Engineer is responsible for running one or more of the center’s measuring devices along with the associated software suites at the respective service center. Availability, response time and customer satisfaction are key success criteria for each service center and as such this position requires flexibility to work different shifts and/or weekends to meet customer demands.
- Consistently delivery of acceptable customer results:
- Complete (nothing missing)
- Correct (no mistakes)
- Delivered on time
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Ability to select and use the best software for the job (Calypso, VG StudioMax, etc.).
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each systems performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Assist Site Manager with quoting as necessary.
- Works safely – especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job requirement review with Site Manager prior to job start.
- Results review with customer (within 2 days of job completion – if possible).
- Prepare, submit and save a copy of proof of delivery (POD) to network drive.
- Help drive productivity by consistently and effectively utilizing Zeiss productivity tools (e.g., quick change tooling and fixturing, off-line programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.).
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related discipline
- Experience supporting Professors in Lab courses or Student Teaching
- Internships in Industrial Environments
- Customer Service Experience
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Understanding of 3D mathematics and computer programming techniques in any of the modern scientific computer languages
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting technical information to small or large audiences
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
- Ability to interact effectively with our customers on the phone
- Ability to relate the benefits of our products to problem solutions for customers
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to work independently from problem statement to solution
- Ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer measurement problems
- Willing to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Spanish Language is a plus
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.