UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
11,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Manufacturing of aero engine components represents a big economical challenge. A chain of machining operations enables the manufacturer to give the final shape to complex aero components. One major technological aspect is the tool wear experienced by cutting tools in machining of nickel-based superalloys. After a certain tool wear threshold is reached, the manufactured part does not comply with quality standards of safety-critical components and the process cannot continue.
Physical-based simulation models provide a robust framework to evaluate the relationship between input variables and outputs of a system without fully relying on an empirical-based approach. However, calibrating physical models to portrait reality always requires experimental data. Additionally, uncertainty quantification of the simulation model remains a key aspect in deploying analytical tools in serial production. Tool wear is a highly complex and non-linear physical phenomena. In this work, the tool wear development of a cutting tool will be modelled combining physical models and experimental data.
- Get acquainted with the key aspects of tool wear in machining of nickel-based superalloys
- Gather and analyze experimental process data
- Gather and analyze simulation process data
- Couple simulation and experimental data to develop predictive models in Python
- Evaluate and test different modelling approaches
- Validate the predictive models in serial production processes of aero engine components
- Thesis presentation
- Major in engineering, mathematics or physics
- Sound knowledge of statistics
- Willingness to work on the field of bayesian probability
- Programming experience in Python
- Interest in the field of data science and its application in manufacturing
- Very good knowledge of the English language, German is a plus
- High level of personal initiative and structured way of working
Duration: 6 months, starting from April 2021
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We look forward to getting to know you!