Location: EMEA (LU, UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, PL, CZ)
Duration: 4-6 months (3-6 months in UK)
Start Date: December 2021 onwards
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. We are seeking savvy, motivated Business Intelligence Interns to join our available roles in the following teams: Supply Chain, Network Planning, Inventory Placement, Transportation, Last Mile, Finance, Planning & Analysis (FP&A), or Finance & Controlling.
About this Internship
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
Our Business Intelligence Intern positions will give you the opportunity to get in touch with the state-of-art data engineering and data-modelling environment developed by Amazon. Through this internship, you will be able to learn Amazon Web Services (AWS) based data pipelining, data extraction and data modelling technologies. You will also apply your learning into production database establishment/maintenance, KPI dashboard automation, large-scale data analytics and machine-learning/econometrics modelling in order to support your team on cost-reduction/efficiency-improvement projects as well as business decision-making processes.
If you are enthusiastic about data engineering and data science, motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it is only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. We are all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
You will put your Business Intelligence skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our customers. This could include:
· Learning how to partner across multiple teams and geographies
· Developing and executing upon some of the world’s most complex data analyses which will in turn, drive the correct business decisions
· Helping identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
· Partnering with the team to perform deep root cause analyses when facing problems
· Assisting in the development of business cases for new programs and services
· Participating in the development, delivery, maintenance and improvement of performance metrics dashboards
· Becoming part of a team of trusted advisors throughout an entire business unit
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Business Intelligence, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, Applied Mathematics, Statistics/Statistical Analysis or similar discipline
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros, pivots, lookups, VBA)
· Advanced proficiency in SQL/ETL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Ability to perform in-depth data mining, highly analytical, detail-oriented, methodical, with professional business sense
· Results driven, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
· Any additional technical skills, such as coding (e.g. Python, R, Django), data visualization (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, PowerPivot, MicroStrategy) or operations research can be a bonus
· Familiar with AWS products and environments (e.g. Redshift, EMR, EC2, S3)
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.