Do you want to shape the fossil free future?
Vattenfall Business Area Heat is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Business IT Demand Architect. You will be part of the IT and Digital Services team (TD-I). In this position you will play a crucial role in the digital transformation that BA Heat is undergoing.
BA Heat must prepare for disruption driven by external exponential technologies (e.g. Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Analytics), while maintaining reliable service supporting new energy provisioning models, both enabled and challenged by digitalization.
Therefore Information Technology (IT) is the enabling component for our digital transformation.
Our team will enable the organization to explore and deploy new business opportunities while translating technology into business value.
We are looking for an Business IT Demand Architect covering the BU Heat NL scope.
BU Heat NL consists of two divisions with over 1000 employees: Heat Customers & Grid, and Production. These two divisions come together to provide production, management of our heating networks and delivery of heating to clients, thus combining our forces in the Netherlands to realise our growth strategy in the area of heating for customers and so contribute to the transition towards sustainable energy supply with our units.
You will play a pivotal role in translating the digital strategy into tangible, future proof and practical designs, combining processes, data and systems.
As Business IT Demand Architect BU Heat NL you are responsible to
- Build the bridge between innovation and existing business by advising and implementing platform strategies and (partner) eco systems
- Follow trends and connect them to (digital) roadmap
- Support the Digital Transformation leaders in translating (digital) roadmap into architecture transition stages
- Drive customer value by advising and applying new technologies
- Translate customer vision in architecture patterns for data, content, social, channels.
- Increase velocity of agile teams by proactive guidance based on reference architecture and design patterns
- Pre analysis of selected business initiatives
You have the following key tasks
- Co-develop and maintain:
- BA Heat architecture strategy
- Business driven target architectures
- Transition roadmaps and guide projects accordingly
- Define architecture patterns to guide agile teams and waterfall projects
- Drive innovation and simplification of IT Architecture
- Application Asset Management: Maintenance of up-to-date application inventory relevant for BA Heat in the EAM tool.
- Efficient and effective cooperation with business stakeholders and IT Architects and
- Translate technology developments into business improvement proposals
We are looking for a person who has a relevant University degree Computer Science, Information Management, Enterprise Automation or related field. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- Proven skills in driving a Digital transformation from a business architectural point of view
- Experience in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges in changing context
- Holistic and visionary view to identify future trends and opportunities
- Experienced at working in international cross-functional teams and dealing with higher management
- Proven interpersonal skills in successfully driving value creation in cooperation with Staff function IT
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business architectural role
Your personal characteristics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to explain complex topics in an understandable way to higher and middle management
- Stress resistant and able to prioritize and focus
- Good analytical skills
- Strong Team player with excellent cooperation skills dealing with different cultures in an international setting
- Consulting skills to advise your stakeholders on the way forward.
- Good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel
- Self-motivated and you like to work pro-actively
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and in writing
In the first week of August 2020 we’ll carefully evaluate all the applications and will provide feedback as soon as possible.