Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from website to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are looking for an exceptional C&B Manager to proactively partner with client-facing HR colleagues and local business line management to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Amazon’s total compensation philosophy and strategy to the clients in the assigned countries. The role will focus on providing compensation consultation to Corporate, Retail, and Technology business lines and activities to design, develop, implement and measure results of compensation and benefits policies and programs with compliance understanding. The position will leverage central practices to foster and drive compensation and benefits programs for an alignment with global and regional strategies and business requirements while understanding and advocating for locally relevant market conditions and practices. The successful candidate should be results oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Please note that this is fixed term contract for 12 months.
The incumbent of the role will carry the following responsibilities:
· Act as primary point of contact and C&B expert for assigned countries and business lines
· Perform regular, thorough and deep technical analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation and benefits programs
· Effectively partner with HR colleagues and business clients to manage and consult on compensation and benefits-related issues
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation
· Perform ad hoc analysis for costing, program effectiveness and trend purposes
· Identify, select and participate in compensation surveys to analyse the company’s competitive market position for each in-country location
· Partner with the global compensation and benefit teams on C&B issues, and work on a variety of special compensation and benefits projects as needed
· Participate in benefits projects that include analysis, market benchmarking, implementation and communication
· Create and deliver compensation training to HR and management teams
· Ensure company compliance with laws governing compensation and benefits practices
· Work to gain alignment with different constituencies and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders
· Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced change-oriented environment
· Good understanding of the principles and practices of compensation and benefits systems and legislation in the EMEA region
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work; the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making, systematically break down problems or processes into their parts and develop several alternative solutions
· Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture
· Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once
· Ability to create tools and models to interpret and analyse data
· Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen; able to seek out information, clearly communicate information and requests and provide quality advice
· Demonstrated mastery and ability to act as a resource particularly regarding rewards management issues (e.g. job evaluation, surveys, job/market pricing, salary range development, etc.)
· Ability to effectively manage communication and relationships in matrix organization structure
· Highly proficient in Excel; familiarity with PeopleSoft will be an advantage
· Multiple years of relevant experience in compensation and benefits or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices
· University degree required
· Experience in an international environment
· Proven experience in leading/overseeing complex corporate or multi-business level initiatives/projects
· Ability to work independently, take on responsibility and be quick of foot in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.