Assignment period:11/01/2020 - 10/31/2023
Type of employment:part-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Municipalities for Europe” in Albania.
The overall objective of the project 'Municipalities for Europe 2.0.' of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
Strengthen the municipalities of Albania in the EU integration process by improving further their governance capacities, knowledge on EU related issues and ability to benefit from EU funds and programmes.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To support the establishment of European Integration Units in all municipalities of Albania and their proper functioning.
- To continue assisting municipalities in the EU integration process by informing regarding the obligations and benefits that arise for local governments and local communities in the Albanian journey towards EU membership.
- To enhance the capacity of local governments to transmit EU-related information to the public and targeted stakeholders.
- To assist municipalities in applying for EU funds and programmes, in particular acting as technical assistance to the EU funded grant scheme 'EU for Municipalities'.
- To promote co-operation between local government, local community, civil society and other stakeholders in decision-making and ongoing consultation on issues related to the EU integration process.
- To support the formulation and the presentation of joint stances and proposals from the local government in order to improve their EU related performance, in close coordination and cooperation with the Consultative Council Technical Secretariat.
- To assist in consolidating the role of the Agency for Local Government Support (ASLG) and the Albanian School of Public Administration (ASPA) and enhancing their functions vis-à-vis local government units in matters relating to the EU.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. communication, management, marketing, ICT)
- Professional fluency in English, good command of Albanian
General professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in at least one of the fields: communication, website design and maintenance, events management, organising campaigns and similar activities
Specific professional experience
- Participation in at least 1 similar project (online communication, or web networking, or events management, etc.) over the last 5 years
- Experience in at least 1 project working with local government
- Experience in projects related to EU integration process will be an asset
The operational base for the project will be at the site of the ASLG premises, in Tirana. However, the Contractor is expected to work throughout Albania.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (500 working days in total).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2084