The Controls Automation Engineer is responsible for controls and automation across multiple product platforms. The Controls Automation Engineer will establish the company’s standards for the automation systems, as well as recognize issues, address them, and implement solutions effectively. Machines are generally controlled using PLC software operated using touch screen HMI panels. This position be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) between the hardware, software and applications group to ensure the project requirements are met. Experience in PLC, HMI and Motion programming. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems (logic software and controls hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Design machine control systems using CAD software that allows for effective control system implementation for electrical and pneumatics. (AutoCAD, Eplan)
- Provides support during design, build and testing phase of the project.
- Clear communication with the project manager on schedule and scope implications through the project lifecycle.
- Lead the control debug activities to ensure the machine debug phase of the project is completed on schedule.
- Responsible for initial start-up and debug of integrated systems in house and at customer locations.
- Development of system documentation.
- BA/BS degree in engineering or equivalent (BSEE degree preferred) .
- 3 or more years of experience in complex motion control environment such as robotics or precision positioning systems
- Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools such as ProE, AutoCAD or SolidWorks or Eplan.
- Experience with programming PLC’s (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens).
- Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems (e.g. Allen Bradley, Cmore, Direct Connect).
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE.
- Familiar with Vision Systems (e.g. Cognex, Keyence) a plus.
- Familiar with various Motion Controllers & Robotics (Staubli, ABB, Fanuc, Automax, Allen Bradley).
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical information to customers and vendors as needed.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.