Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company?
We are looking for a talented and experienced lawyer to support our quickly growing digital music business.
You will directly advise our digital music business in Germany and in the EU on all aspects of the business, and in particular on our music streaming services (e.g. Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music) including podcasts. Next to working on new initiatives, you will be the lead lawyer on strategic projects, providing day-to-day advice on a wide range of legal areas, notably content licensing, media law and regulatory compliance. You will take the lead in negotiating and drafting license and commercial agreements with external partners.
The position can be based in Berlin or Munich, and some international travel may be required.
· Excellent academic qualification
· 5+ years post-qualification legal experience, with at least 3 years in an international law firm
· Excellent German and English language skills including the ability to negotiate and draft contracts
· Ability to work in French, Italian or Spanish is a plus but not required
· Copyright law experience is preferred but not required
· Experience in media/entertainment, technology, or e-commerce transactions
· Ability to develop creative and pragmatic solutions to novel legal questions
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as business partner
· Great legal and business judgment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.