Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical leader to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer facing Solutions Architects focusing on Compute throughout the DACH region. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, specialized solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for our specialized services. Working closely with our services teams, you will help enable new capabilities for our customers to develop and deploy workloads on AWS.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
· Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers
· Have a strong understanding of emerging technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
· Understand the intersection of business and technology executives in selling and positioning Compute in the enterprise
· 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience in the technology industry
· MBA/Technical Master’s Degree
· 7+ years leading teams, ideally leader of leaders
· Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers
are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
· Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
· Experience working with new product/service development teams
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)