Amazon is currently looking to hire an experienced Real Estate Senior Transactions Manager to join the team and play a critical role in supporting all facility and property activity across Amazon's DE Network. This role will preferably be based in Munich, however home office/virtual work is an option. Regular EU travel will be required.
In this role you will ensure the timely completion of new lease transactions including renewals, expansions, terminations, and reconfiguration of existing warehouse space. This encompasses the entire process from working with the local management team in defining the requirements, lease negotiations (business and legal terms), on-site surveys, comparative financial analysis of lease transaction, and project management to affect the end result. Your primary objective in this role is to provide adequate, cost effective storage/operation space for Amazon on the continent given the market conditions working to challenging deadlines and budgetary requirements.
· Manage a high volume deal flow of large, complex existing building leases and build to suit transactions.
· Innovate and execute processes and tools to insure the complete cycle from site search through deal execution is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace.
· Create, innovate and implement a relevant system of metrics to plan, manage, measure and evaluate performance pertaining to the transaction process.
· Effectively communicate expectations, requirements and status of deals to key business partners – both internal and external.
· Manage an ever-changing variety of internal initiatives and projects.
· Continue to build a culture of speed, flexibility and frugality with all business partners.
· Closely collaborate with Amazon operations, legal, finance, treasury, capacity planning, economic development, transportation and engineering groups to deliver highly successful projects.
· Significant Real Estate negotiation and transaction management experience in Logistics
· Extensive experience managing large capital projects with proven success in delivering on time, on budget and safely
· Knowledge of life-cycle of physical assets (property and buildings), including the acquisition and disposition of assets and lease administration
· Ability to proactively monitor and control various vendor relationships and external resources (including contract negotiation and vendor management skills)
· Understanding of financial analysis techniques including discounted cash flow and capital budgeting
· Broad understanding of how to innovate in real estate services to optimize customer satisfaction and productivity
· Understanding real estate trends, best practices and the vendor marketplace
· Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Proven ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with customers/partners with the ability to invite input from these groups when determining what will work best for the business
· Ability to think strategically and holistically about business units' unique real estate needs
· Ability to understand and value different customer needs and provide tailored services where necessary
· High level of leadership capability and credibility with the ability to be influence at all levels
· Acts decisively, holding others and self accountable for tasks, actions and development needs
The ideal candidate speaks fluent English and German.
In return, Amazon will offer the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the EU leading and dynamic online retailers working at the forefront of logistics real estate.
Interested in what you've just read? We look forward to receiving your CV, highlighting your main accomplishments.