The Developer Advocate for Amazon Web Services will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry innovators and technologists.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and / or CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services.
· Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities.
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
· Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry evangelism organization
You have the following skills:
· Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline. Master's level and above is desired.
· Superior oral and written communication skills in Russian and English
· Significant experience working in a technology advocacy or technical executive role
· Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· Able to work in a diverse team
The icing on the cake:
· Significant experience (8-10 yrs) in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Databases, Networking, Application Services, Big Data, Machine Learning, and/ or distributed computing.
· Practical familiarity with cloud computing platforms, architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations.
· Working knowledge and exposure to social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
· A history of successful speaking engagements, online content creation, industry influence, and / or recognition in technology publications is preferred.
· Involvement in nurturing, engaging with, and growing developer communities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”