- independently work on sub-projects within the scope of technology and process development for the surface processing of spectacle lenses within T&I
- develop blocking, milling, turning, grinding and polishing processes for the production of ophthalmic lenses, as well as edging processes for the final eyeglass shape
- take over the screening and evaluation of available machines and technologies for the production of spectacle lenses with regard to quality, productivity and costs
- support the introduction of new technologies for internal and external customers as well as support
- model and simulate algorithms for process development
- develop machining strategies for CNC path generation in eyeglass lens production
- develop quality and evaluation criteria for the further development of manufacturing processes
- a degree as Dipl.-Ing. / Master in the field of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, manufacturing technology, precision engineering or similar, ideally already gained first professional experience
- knowledge of general mechanical engineering and the relevant manufacturing technologies in the optical industry
- overview of tactile and optical production metrology
- knowledge of technical optics, ideally as well in ophthalmic
- experience in the independent planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of development work using suitable tools and methods
- knowledge of MS Office and ideally MATLAB and CNC programming
- good written and spoken English knowledge
- the willingness to travel (two to four weeks abroad), ability to work in a team in an interdisciplinary and international environment, creativity, flexibility and a high level of commitment
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.