Would you like to be part of the Agile journey of one of our digital online teams?
Your job as a Back-end Developer
In this role you will work in a dynamic environment within the IT department where innovation is part of our DNA. As a Back-end Developer you will play a central role in designing and implementing our digital platforms, such as our website or our self-service platform. As a Back-end Developer you will be part of a dedicated Agile team for one of our digital solutions. You will work in a cross-skilled team under a Scrum Master and Product Owner. In that way you will work closely with the Online Agile team to represent capabilities and features at team level.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Contributing code to the development of the solution, through local builds and deployments as well as the CI/CD environments.
- Contributing to the organization’s norms and coding standards, software design best practices, and architecture strategy.
- Challenging business requirements.
- Actively facilitating Agile teams with (DevOps) workshops and assessments.
- Providing technical product requirements to Agile scrum teams and drive technical product delivery –>Define non-functional technical requirements (i.e. security, performance)
- Collaborating with developers to make sure (new) environments meet requirements and conform to best practices; ensuring high quality coding guidelines are followed within Agile teams.
- Monitoring the application and make sure team is on track.
- Gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the teams in order to grow the agile development environment by working directly with(in) the CEP platform.
- Engaging all stakeholders regarding value of technical improvements (PO’s, SM’s and Devs).
- Driving a DevOps mind-set within Agile Teams and the rest of the organization.
Our contribution towards fossil free living within one generation
In Vattenfall IT, we:
- Accelerate digitalization and innovation.
- Create customer value in a close business and IT partnership to reach the “Power Climate Smarter Living” vision.
- Promote the mindset and behavior to establish a learning culture and positive digital mindset.
- Run stable, secure, efficient and compliant IT services.
Your profile as a Back End Developer:
You are a positive, enthusiastic professional with strong communication skills. Also, you have a structured way of working, proven business acumen and a profound interest in driving value-creating innovation.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Strong background of Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery principles.
- Understanding of DevOps Automation Processes and how to define those requirements within the teams.
- Experience with a PoC based approach.
- Good understanding of Azure (Portal and Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of how to explain the benefits of Technical Debt reduction.
- University or College of Higher Education degree in information technology, mathematics, engineering or related subjects (or comparable training).
- Fluent written and spoken English, Dutch is preferred
- Experience with integrating (mobile) applications and backend-systems.
- Familiarity with technologies like: epiServer, NET Framework, MS Azure, MS Visual Studio, IIS, ASP.Net WebForms, ASP.Net MVC, WCF, REST, SOA, WIF, MS TFS, MS SQL Server, AJAX, jQuery, KnockOut, HTML, HTML5, CSS, LESS, jQuery (UI), Java
What do we offer?
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer you competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development. Our core values are open, active, positive and safety.
In our team we promote smart working. Meaning you can easily combine your working life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance. We also offer you a central office location (Amsterdam, close to Bijlmer Arena station) with easy access, by either public transport or car. At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation. And last but not least; you will be working with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall IT is part of the Strategic Development department. We accelerate the journey to become fossil free within one generation. We have a view of the future, and together with the business set the path for Vattenfall. Every day, we deliver to make sure that Vattenfall runs ever more effectively and efficiently. We drive initiatives for Vattenfall through collaboration: within Strategic Development; with our colleagues in the business; and with outside partners. Trust from our stakeholders; holistic perspective; and strong competence are key assets and critical success factors.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. For more questions about the process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Christiaan van der Horst via email@example.com