EDS Project Engineer
EDS Project Engineer
• Responsible for the mechanical and electrical attributes of power cable/engine harness assemblies being specified for use in projects, within voltage ranges of 12V to 600V.
• To plan and manage the evolution/maturation of cable designs in order to meet specified timing, weight and cost targets.
• Manage cable supplier activities as being the key contact person. This includes all communications with supplier and ensuring deliverables will be timed according to project milestones.
• Reporting to EDS team leader and customer management regarding the projects’ progress.
• Leading pre-development activities within the responsibility of delivering correct level of design from supplier to customer.
• Act as key interface between various departments (manufacturing, quality, BiW, etc.) to ensure business expectations are achieved.
• Perform appropriate calculations, relevant to demonstrating electrical and mechanical fitness for purpose.
• Demonstrate products comply with design specifications through the application of DVP process.
• Develop and manage bills of materials and ensure these are logged within relevant databases and processes.
• Ensure parts are available to support prototype cars, bucks and properties.
• Implement a structured change-management process and to generate appropriate change documentation.
• Deliver the above in line with customer’s key dates within their project management environment.
• Visit supplier sites in the UK and overseas in relation to support development, audit of design and process validation activities, and supporting Quality/Engineering ‘sign off’ activities.
• Qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with previous experience with this type of assembly in a manufactured product environment.
• Experience and understanding of the electrical specifications of the EDS required, supporting automotive starting and charging systems.
• Proven experience in managing all development stages of EDS system from 3D design to supplier deliveries.
• Experience in automotive project management.
• Understanding of the technical principles associated with hybrid and battery electric vehicles including safety considerations.
• Data rational and familiar with processes such as DFMEA, structured problem solving, etc.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to represent the product status/requirements to peers and senior colleague groups.
• Ability to work within teams, individually and independently.
• A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees (subject to rules of the scheme).
• A generous contributory pension scheme.
• Healthcare cash back scheme.
• 25 Days holiday.
• Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
• Death in service insurance.
• Flexible working.
• On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of “Always On,” sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions – seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility – architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.
Mehr Jobangebote von Continental AG
Weitere Angebote in der Connecticum Jobbörse
Connecticum Karriere Messe für Studenten und Absolventen
300 renommierte Arbeitgeber aus Technik, Wirtschaft und IT
Save the date - 26. bis 28. April 2022 in Berlin