At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Environmental Protection team capitalizes on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable. The Environmental program drives customer trust and business continuity by ensuring respect for the rights of workers throughout Amazon’s supply chain and operations. We uphold company standards and expectations and seek to constantly improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
The Environmental team ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy environmental requirements. The team coordinates the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (shipping, recycling, etc.). This involves creating programs to respond and fulfill environmental requirements across multiple jurisdictions. The team is also responsible for keeping Amazon customers aware of the sustainability initiatives available.
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is a policy instrument under which manufacturers, producers and distributors take responsibility for their products and packaging at their end of life, by establishing systems to support collection and recycling of post-consumer waste, including product take-back. EPR programs worldwide are managed by the WW Environmental Protection team.
· Drive the expansion of recycling activities to improve environmental compliance.
· Manage cross-functional projects to respond to new environmental requirements.
· Own metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources.
· Work cross-functionally to manage compliance awareness raising programs in Operations, Retail and Sales teams.
· Interact with multiple stakeholders including Government Agencies and Amazon Suppliers to communicate on operations and represent data/metrics information and project reviews.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science or related fields.
· Proficiency in verbal & written communication in English.
· Experience in regulatory compliance management with government agencies related to Extended Producer Responsibility and recycling.
· 5+ years of experience in project management on data analysis, data mining or regulatory consulting.
· 5+ years of experience interacting with stakeholders (Regulatory Bodies, Suppliers).
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Office.
· Ability to prioritize and deal with dynamic business environment.
· Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
· Collaboration, ability to influence others without having positional authority, negotiation, determination and resiliency.
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Experience working cross-functionally with technical and nontechnical individuals
· Experience in Finance/Procurement (budgeting, cost tracking).
· Broad experience applying data-driven decision making across multiple industries.
· Strong drive to question the status quo and learn new topics and skills.