The Field Support Engineer I, under close supervision and direction, installs, repairs, upgrades and performs preventative maintenance on specified Carl Zeiss Meditec instrumentation in a designated field service territory. Represents Carl Zeiss Meditec at customer locations and works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintains all company property (inventory, tools, diagnostic equipment, vehicle, etc.) in accordance with company policies. Maintains a high level of professional communication with team, customers, management, Sales and Technical Support.
• Complete work assignments as directed from management and work schedules as dispatched from Call Center.
• Complete and submit a field service report on a daily basis according to written procedures as documented in the Field Service reference database.
• Complete and submit a weekly expense report according to Carl Zeiss Meditec policies and procedures.
• Maintain spare parts inventory according to company guidelines and return specific spare parts as designated by policy.
• Interface with customers in a professional, pleasant and calm demeanor.
• Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
Maintains company-issued test equipment and support tools, including spare parts.
Installs and provides equipment maintenance at trade shows.
• BS degree in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Technology and related fields preferred.
• A+, and Net + certification preferred.
• Theoretical understanding of basic electromechanical, electronic, and optical systems.
• Basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and approaches.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong computer skills with the ability to obtain specific certifications as required.
• Must be able to pass required training to service fine mechanics and optics. Ability to effectively service the equipment on which training is completed
Extensive overnight travel is required by automobile and air. Must be willing to travel in the US and internationally for training, meetings, exhibit support and coverage outside assigned territory. The FSE must be able to obtain sufficient credit to cover incurred business expenses which will be reimbursed upon expense report submission and approval.
The position requires an average of four (4) hours driving per day. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds. Thirty percent of the average workday is spent standing or walking.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.