AVAILABLE LOCATIONS: Munich, Cologne
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Operations with its network of fulfillment centers is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking Graduate Financial Analysts for our fast growing supply chain and fulfillment network in Germany. You will work with multiple sites and departments as an advisor enabling decision making for the business. In this role you will influence decisions and drive various financial analysis, planning and control activities for the Fulfillment Center network and will support strategic initiatives that fuel Amazon's future growth. You will also transform and improve current finance processes (e.g. for planning, reporting and month-end close) to increase efficiency across the Operations Finance team.
Key responsibilities: The role will have broad responsibility for bringing analytic rigor to the process of evaluating and influencing operating performance. The Financial Analyst will specifically:
· Perform analysis of key performance drivers.
· Provide senior management with tools to better understand the key financial and business metrics.
· Revamp and improve financial reporting financial acumen of the broader organization and to drive improved performance management in Operations and better decision making.
· Drive excellence and transform existing FP&A processes (e.g. via automation, simplification, centralization, standardization and or) to better address business needs and to drive scale, ensuring effective collaboration across departments, and adapting effectively as Amazon grows its network of fulfilment centers.
· Perform Analyses to support expansion projects, new business initiatives, FC network topology, identify supply chain inefficiencies and run ad hoc analyses (e.g. on productivity across FCs).
· Support, own and run cost out process with local operations and finance teams.
· BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
· Highly analytical and advanced problem solving skills.
· Fluent in English and German
· Intellectually curious with strong bias to action, strong ability to take initiative and self-start when necessary.
· Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality.
· Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced IT literacy
· Advanced Excel, financial modelling and reporting skills required.
· SQL and tableau knowledge
· Experience in optimizing existing processes for improved effectiveness and improved quality of work for the team.
· Strong ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
· Previous experience in E-Commerce, Retail, Manufacturing, Supply Chain/Logistics processes and systems a plus.
· Experience in working within a matrix organization and in an international environment.
· Experience in change management and process optimization.
· Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.