The department of „Robotics and Assistance Systems“ develops innovative solutions in the filed of service robotics. In terms of Mobile Manipulation, motion planning for manipulation tasks in human environments is a challenging problem. Even tasks deemed trivial, such as picking from shelves. In general, improve motion planning such a way gives better performance.
- Good and basic knowledge of Polynomials for Motion Planning and Control theory
- Very good programming skills in C++ and Python
- Highly motivated to work on challenging tasks
- Creative and able to work independently
- Good knowledge of English writing and speaking
- Ideally a long-term interest in a student activity beyond the internship
- Experiences with Ubuntu and ROS or intention to acquire them
Within this framework, student work would in the following subject areas is possible:
- Improvement of manipulation software in genera
- Add-on some functionalities such as episodic memory replay
- Integrate other motion planning libraries such as OpenRave, tesseract
- Benchmark motion planner with various motion planning libraries
- Presentation with the demonstration and results
The position offers the opportunity to work with advanced robots such as Care-O-bot and actively participate in various concrete projects to gain versatile practical experience. The participation in a project meeting and the direct exchange with project partners for the development of social competences is actively promoted.
Fraunhofer ist die größte Organisation für anwendungsorientierte Forschung in Europa. Unsere Forschungsfelder richten sich nach den Bedürfnissen der Menschen: Gesundheit, Sicherheit, Kommunikation, Mobilität, Energie und Umwelt. Wir sind kreativ, wir gestalten Technik, wir entwerfen Produkte, wir verbessern Verfahren, wir eröffnen neue Wege.
Please apply with all documents through our online portal!
|Kennziffer: IPA-2020-130||Bewerbungsfrist: -|