Assignment period:03/02/2020 - 09/01/2020
Type of employment:full-time
The Strategic Alliance (STA) GIZ–Allianz–BIMA is a collaboration between the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Allianz SE / Allianz Climate Solutions and BIMA. The objective of the partnership is to support vulnerable communities across the globe in strengthening their risk management plans in relation to climate & health. The project has three components spread across various countries.
In Morocco and Ghana with the support of Allianz, the project does groundwork preparations for implementing risk transfer solutions within an Integrated Climate Risk Management approach. The Integrated Climate Risk Management highlights the importance of risk transfer mechanisms, like insurance, in averting potentially large amounts of economic loss. The approach is applied to industrials parks and SMEs in Morocco and urban setting in Ghana.
In Ghana, along with BIMA, the project is implementing a mobile insurance that offer customers financial protection in the case of sickness, disability or death. To incentivize the use and uptake of the product, the project is prototyping additional services through traditional and digital channels.
In India, the project works with partner Medicount Digital Health Management Solutions to incorporate a Value-Based Care (VBC) approach to offer customers a holistic response to their medical needs.
The candidate will serve as an interface between the diverse team, offering support on various project tasks in relation to Climate and Health Risk management with special focus on insurance. Additionally, the candidate will be mentored by GIZ advisors, will take responsibility for specific components as well as gain insight into other projects of the financial systems development and insurance unit of GIZ.
- Collaborating closely with all project activities in Morocco, Ghana and India, while supporting them and our partners in their daily duties
- Contribute to shape and execute our knowledge management, network management and exchange of information within the team, other projects and towards external stakeholders
- Supporting the organisation, implementation and follow-up of international events (e.g. conferences, back-to-back events, meetings, workshops etc.)
- Supporting the implementation and review of monitoring and evaluation activities, as well as preparing briefs, reports and presentations
- Structuring and performing research in the field of climate and health-related risks with a special focus on insurance, that generate insights about the field performance improvement
- Bring great ideas into a welcoming and international team
- Completed master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Disaster Risk management, Climate Change Adaptation or Communication
- Certifiable work experience from internships, student jobs and/or academic projects
- Being motivated, team-oriented and flexible. You work in an organised, structured, independent, detail-oriented and results-driven way
- You are able to work under time pressure and willing to quickly familiarise yourself with complex issues
- Fluency in English, both written and orally, is a prerequisite. Good knowledge in German and/or French is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of the common MS Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) is a must
- Experience in external communication and/or network management is a distinctive advantage
- Experience in developing countries from internships or exchange semesters is a distinctive advantage
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Rodriguez Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org).