Assignment period:03/01/2021 - 08/31/2021
Type of employment:full- or part-time
In developing and emerging countries, access to lifelong learning opportunities is scarce and lacks recognition. This is hampering economic and digital transformation. On behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is implementing the digital flagship project "atingi" with the aim of offering innovative digital knowledge and learning opportunities to people from different educational backgrounds across the world, with a particular focus on Africa. This solution recognises both the digital dividends, but also the challenges of the digital divide for online learning.
As an intern, you will support the communication activities of our learning platform as well as the strategic implementation of the project. In doing so, your tasks will include:
- Supporting communication tasks, e.g. by writing newsletter articles, news and social media posts, creating and graphically editing presentations and short concepts
- Supporting the conception and implementation of digital events and conferences in the field of digitalisation and digital learning
- Supporting the further development of the project's digital learning portfolio and the administration of digital learning offerings on the project's learning management system (Moodle based)
- Supporting knowledge exchange on digital topics with digital innovators and development cooperation partners
- Contributing to information and knowledge management, preparation of analyses, overviews
- You are in an advanced degree programme in political science, economics, communication or social sciences, international relations or similar, ideally with a technical focus on digital topics
- As a tech-savvy person, you are already active professionally and personally in digital learning or other digital topics, and have an interest in developmental issues related to digital transformation
- You enjoy organizing events and preparing written information for internal and public communication and can formulate texts without errors, in a stylistically correct manner and in a way that is appropriate for the target group
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and German; knowledge of French is an advantage You have high proficiency in the usual Office programmes are required, good knowledge of graphics programmes (e.g. such as Photoshop, InDesign or similar)
- Data visualization and analysis skills (CRM, CMS, dashboards) or programming languages are a plus
- You show strong communication skills, service orientation, ability to work in a team as well as a structured, independent and conscientious way of working
- You are willing and able to deliver high quality support even under pressure
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.634,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Dominic Orr (firstname.lastname@example.org).