Assignment period:09/23/2020 - 03/22/2021
Type of employment:full-time
The "Sino-German Cooperation on Climate Change" (SGCCC) acts as platform for exchange on NDC implementation and climate governance between the Chinese and German national climate departments. At national level it supports the policy dialogue and enhances the exchange of experiences and best practices. At local level, activities contribute to enhanced implementation of climate policies (mitigation, adaptation, finance) and measures in China’s 14th FYP. In addition, the project “Capacity Building for the Establishment of Emissions Trading Systems in China” supports China in its efforts to establish carbon trading with the objective to strengthen the capacity of and provide policy options for China’s key institutions and all involved stakeholders to prepare and establish ETS at the local and national level. GIZ implements the projects on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU) as part of its International Climate Initiative (IKI).
- Research assignments on European, German and Chinese climate policy and support in closely following climate-related policy developments
- Assistance in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of project activities (including but not limited to meetings, bilateral dialogues, expert workshops, networking conferences, study tours etc.) and related documentation of project results
- Maintenance and updating of the internet presence and other PR and information materials for both projects
- Preparation of documentation and reports on activities and developments for internal and external use
- Targeted research on project-relevant topics, editing of information for newsletters and presentations
- Translation of documents and presentations between German and English (and Chinese)
- Support of daily administrative project tasks
- Division of work between the projects will and additional tasks may be assigned in coordination with the project teams based on project workloads, progress and the intern’s performance
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or recently graduated (within last six months) in a field relevant to both projects, e.g. Climate/Energy Policy, Environmental Economics, Political Science, International Relations or Regional Studies
- Understanding of international climate change policies and instruments, in particular in the EU, Germany and China
- Prior work experience/internships in the area of climate change, international cooperation and/or prior work experience/internships in China are an asset
- Working proficiency in German and English; proficiency in Mandarin is an asset
- Reliable, independent, results-oriented, structured working style and able to meet tight deadlines
- Team player, enthusiastic, and with good communication skills
- Experience in writing and using WordPress CMS is an advantage
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Menzel (email@example.com).