- Code number: PDII-D-1614067544-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Palo Alto
- Organization: Porsche Digital Inc.
You want to help shape the digital future of Porsche than come and join Porsche Digital Inc. in the Silicon Valley as iOS Software Engineer. The mission of the Silicon Valley office is to create new digital experiences, drive business innovation to explore new products, features & services for Porsche. The goal is to identify new opportunities, prototype new product (-ideas) by leveraging design, research, and engineering while recognizing new digitalization strategies for the U.S. market
As part of the cross-functional product team contribute to the product success by developing state-of-the art iOS code, to develop & implement engaging new Porsche mobile experiences, ranging from POCs to end-user products. As part of a cross-functional product team, this role is also involved in ideating, creating and evaluating new Porsche lifestyle services, customer engagements and driving experiences.
- Define, build and iterate iOS experiences to support existing and new projects related to the Porsche experience and digital lifestyle
- Own and become a resident expert of various pieces of iOS development and functionality within the team
- Collaborate with other front-end and back-end engineers as well as the rest of the cross-functional product team within a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer software or related field
- Experience with writing mobile software in a fast-paced engineering team
- Extensive experience with Swift and mobile design patterns
- Experience with UI Constraints, Storyboards, Xcode unit and UI testing
- Holistic understanding of end-to-end data flow between containerized services and mobile clients
- Experience with implementing complex designs with UIKit
- Extensive experience with mobile application lifecycles
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile work environment
- Familiar with quick code iterations, failing quickly and retrying
Bachelor or Master of Science in computer science, computer engineering, computer software or related field
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of iOS development
- Proven ability to build, iterate and ship mobile applications on time
- Strong understanding of front end/UI design methodologies
- Experience with Apple CarPlay and Swift Packages
- Automotive architectures, interfaces and vehicle software knowledge is a plus
- Self-driven and motivated to get things done
- You think about “why we are doing this”
- Strong engineering, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Proactive and effective communicator, adept at working
with various teams and leading initiatives with little direct supervision
- We operate like a startup - any small company or startup experience is very helpful!
Porsche Digital is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche Digital will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche Digital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.