Are you passionate about helping people solve IT problems? Love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join Amazon IT Services! We’re looking for people who strive to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Amazon is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to join our IT Services organization as an IT Support Engineer – Corporate Infrastructure Delivery. This is a new and exciting role blending project and technical delivery ensuring that we delivery projects on time all the time.
Amazon's Corporate Infrastructure delivery team is the execution arm of our infrastructure launch organisation, delivering technical projects from lifecycle replacement to new site launches on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity.
· Assist with technical projects by provide engineering teams with onsite support to deliver technical projects for Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
· Support diagnostic and troubleshooting of corporate infrastructure, including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
· Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
· Create and submit detailed case logs via our ticketing system, documenting interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
· Assist with coaching, and developing talent at the role level.
· Follow, update and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the teams' knowledge management.
· Provide on call support for Sev1 and Sev2 incidents
· Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field, or 2+ year’s IT systems or relevant experience.
· 2+ years of experience in technical support environment focused on infrastructure support.
Must have knowledge in two or more of the following technical domains
· Compute (Server and virtual machines. Wintel/*nix)
· Networking (Fundamentals)
· Audio Visual (deployment and support)
· Scripting (automation)
· Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
· Advanced Linux systems administration skills
· Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
· Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems