The Rx System support assures the day to day operations of the IT shop-floor applications of the Rx Lab’s. The position is the first contact for Rx application related incidents and coordinates with other groups e.g. IT infrastructure the solution process. The Rx system support is responsible for system monitoring, data management, ad hoc reporting, testing of new functionality and implementations of system upgrades. The responsibility includes the monitoring of interfaces from related ordering systems or shipping systems.
- Assure day to day operations of lab management and shop-floor systems for RX Network.
- Incident management for Rx systems. Troubleshoot, coordinate with involved groups, communicate, and provide direction to end user.
- First level for escalations of Lab issues and coordination of activities to keep the operation running
- System monitoring including interfaces.
- Train end users on application functionality
- Master data maintenance.
- Coordination of system releases.
- Assists in the development and implementation of RX Network goals, objectives, policies, and priorities; conducts research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations regarding administrative, organizational, and operational issues.
- Maintain Rx Lab information, and Data maintenance standards including the add/change/delete of DVI master customer information, local pricing, and lens information.
- Leads initiatives for data clean up over the entire Rx Lab network as well as smaller enhancement projects
- Coordinate IT activities with corporate helpdesk
- Support of IT infrastructure group on site dependent projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, industrial engineering, computer science or equivalent experience to substitute for degree
- 5+ years of knowledge working with the DVI Lab Management System or other manufacturing operational software
- Business experience in the Optical or a related industry a plus
- Experience in helpdesk support and support from MS windows servers and desktop preferred in manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SQL Servers, SQL queries, preferred Microsoft SQL 2017 a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including MS Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.